Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Fire in the Hollywood Hills

The office I work in is on the southeast corner of Hollywood Boulevard and La Brea in Hollywood. We're on the 11th floor and as a result have quite an impressive view of the surrounding area, including the Hollywood Hills and Hollywood Sign. So about a quarter to six our receptionist sends out an email titled: FIRE IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS, with a message to come see! We were watching from the breakroom and had the news on at the same time (there's also a fire going on in Pomona, apparently) and I was kicking myself for not having the camera with me. I've been trying to get in the habit of carrying it with me for just such an occassion. By six it was clear the fire was nowhere near out. So I ran home (okay, I walked...fast) since I'm only a block from the office, grabbed the camera and headed back. Got some pretty good pics. I lost count of how many fire engines I saw barreling down Hollywood Boulevard. Most of the pictures were taken from the office, which is why you can see the reflection of the lighting fixture in the picture above. Otherwise, pretty cool (the pictures, not the fire). They seemed to have the blaze under control by seven, although I'm still hearing sirens. LAFD is earning their pay today.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home