Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Sunday, August 14, 2005

TV on DVD: "Arrested Development"

My mom has been bugging me to watch "Arrested Development", insisting it would appeal to my sense of humor. So I finally Netflixed the first DVD of season 1. I wanted to like this show, I really did. I admire Fox for keeping it on the air despite it's less than stellar ratings. Plus there's the whole dysfunctional family angle, of course. Bad news - I only got through the first 3-1/2 episodes before turning it off and not feeling like I was missing anything. I'm not sure what the problem is - loved the cast, especially Jason Bateman. Loved the concept, loved the characters for the most part. The handheld camera approach made me a little naseous, but with the exception of "The Blair Witch Project" (in which part of the story was that these were people filming each other) that never works for me anyway. But the love just wasn't there. For some weird reason, it actually makes me sad that I didn't fall madly in love with this show. I was all ready to program it into the Tivo, but it won't be cluttering up the hard drive after all. Speaking of Tivo, setting it up is proving to be a little more challenging than I had anticipated. It's still a work in progress.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home