Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The wrath of Katrina

Add me to the countless offering my sincerest condolences and sympathy to those adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina (that means everyone except you looters). The reminder of the power of mother nature is humbling and the experience must be truly terrifying, both in terms of having gone through it and now having to deal with the aftermath. The scope of the damage is mind-boggling. This is not going to get fixed up anytime soon and I have a terrible feeling the news will get worse long before it starts to get better. I hope I'm wrong, but... For those us fortunate enough to not be in the immediately affected areas, here are two organizations that can help us give and/or do what we can to help: The American Red Cross and The Salvation Army. Yahoo News keeps us up on the latest. And for on-going, eye-popping coverage from the front lines: Metroblogging New Orleans. Hang in there you guys. I like to think that if L.A. was getting trashed, I could report to the world the way you are doing, and if there's anything I can do to help, just ask. My blog is very new and unknown, but if you stumble across this, please link to these guys and hit them and help them as much as you can. They are going to be our eyes and ears to something truly terrifying and amazing that we're all going to live together for the immediate future. Let's give them everything we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home