Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Friday, September 02, 2005

Gas prices, OMG!!!

Liz forwarded this image and it gave me a much needed laugh, especially since gassing up the car is at the top of my to-do list this weekend. It's only a little Corolla and I don't drive much, but I decided things being what they are I'd better fill it now before things get even worse. It used to be $10 would fill it. I'm expecting it to cost me as much as $25-$30 to fill it up now. Wilma was holding steady until early this evening when her physical condition took a nosedive. She's now pretty much bedridden. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or distress, she's just lying there, curled up, but not sleeping. I briefly considered taking her to the vet tonight to be put to sleep, but that was countered by my desire that her final moments be in the comfort of her own home and not in some strange place surrounded by the sounds of other sick, frightened animals while strangers poked and prodded her. That stuff would just add to her misery. Knowing her, it's just better this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home