Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Words of wisdom

Great post on Nickerblog that I wholeheartedly agree with. The sentiment ties into the St. Thomas Aquinas quote I posted the other day, the need to believe that no matter how terrible things may seem or how rotten people can be, somehow some good will come out of it.

I think the actions we're seeing on the news from New Orleans stem from two very different types: people who are driven to normally unacceptable, extreme actions because of the dire situation they are in and those who are taking advantage of the situation to indulge their ugliest tendencies simply because they can get away with it. The first group has my immense sympathy and cash donation, the latter group...I'm not even going to say it. Not gonna go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home