Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Family isn't a word, it's a SENTENCE

I wish I'd written that, but it's actually the tagline to a great flick (click on the entry title to see which one). Saw both sick uncles this weekend and for guys being treated for cancer they both looked surprisingly good. Hope that holds. Also spent some quality time with Mom, always a good thing even if the circumstances suck, and I got a lot of re-writing done on the "Catfight" script, which I hadn't touched in ages, rank amateur that I am. I may just have to ride the Red and Gold lines for the sake of getting some writing done. Also, there was lots of quality Mexican food involved and I got to drive my future car (cheating on the little blue Corolla - yep!), so the weekend couldn't have been a total waste, right? On the other hand, there is always the "real life smacks you in the face with the reminder that some things never change" aspect to my weekend. But, live and learn, you know? They say the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, or something like that. Knowledge is power, and since my people skills suck, I need all the ammo I can get. I know it's cryptic, but it makes perfect sense to me and that's what's important. I am forewarned and forearmed. I think that's how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home