Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Monday, November 28, 2005

Public acknowledgements

Got a mention on LAist today ("Bah Humbug" post) - thrilled me to pieces, I feel strangely famous. It's the first time I've seen my blog mentioned online. I also have this odd sense of responsibility to actually be timely and interesting and other responsible blogging things, like the world is watching or something. I've been looking forward to this for a while, now that it's happened it's just weird. But good weird. The Kings finally getting some respect from Yahoo's Power Rankings. Top five, that's right. On the other hand, why do I care where Yahoo Sports ranks them? Also it was good to see the LAT give the Conroy/Demitra/Frolov line some love. Okay, we play Detroit tonight. We have GOT to beat them, especially in our own building.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/28/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger S.F. said…

    Well, I didn't find you from the LAist post, but I did find a referral from your site to mine on Sitemeter.

    I like. Like the Elliot Smith reference, too.

    BTW, Jonah over at LABlogs will get around to adding you. He's cool, but he's doing a million different things these days: la foodblogging, his L.A. wiki, his ning app. Busy guy.

    I remember way back in aught-1 when he added me, and my hits started climbing - ah, those were the salad days.

    In the meantime I've added you to my blogroll, which is, sadly, not as exciting...

    Best,
    Skunks

     
  • At 11/28/2005 08:49:00 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks for the link and the pep talk. Was thrilled to see myself listed on your blogroll.

    I figured Jonah has been busy, what with the multi-blogs and getting married and all. So I have resisted the urge to bug despite the fact that it's been a month.

    But I'm still boggled at being recognized on blogs like yours and LAist. Happily so. Thanks again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home