Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Crossroads of the World

While out and about yesterday I happened to trod past Crossroads of the World, a Los Angeles historic landmark originally built as a shopping mall but now mainly serving as offices for various artsy endeavors. I did a double take when I saw the globe on the ground rather than atop the tower on which it is usually mounted: I guess the world just got a fresh coat of paint. And fortunately (and FINALLY) I had the camera with me and got off a couple of shots. As they say in Screenwriting 101, show, don't tell. Recently I've found myself camera-less when I needed it, so I was happy to actually be prepared. A few years ago I worked for a company housed at Crossroads. Despite the crappy condition of the immediate area it was fun to be in a location like that. We were spread throughout the complex and our main executive offices were directly upstairs from the office that served as home to "Hush-Hush Magazine", the gossip rag published by conscious-free Sid Hudgens (Danny Devito) in L.A. Confidential. The downside of course was that some of the less than reputable denizens of the area had a tendency to invite themselves into our offices. Before we resorted to keeping everything locked a couple had helped themselves to the use of our restrooms and a couple of purses (fortunately for me, neither of them mine).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home