Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Saturday, December 03, 2005

A few of my non-favorite things

Things that do not make me jump for joy this beautiful Southern Cal afternoon (heh, and they said we were gonna get rained on): Last night's King's game. What a freaking fiasco. Especially at the end, when not only were we losing big time, but everything just went to hell. This is why we have the new rules, so blowouts don't deteriorate into thugfests. Only good part was when Jim Fox ripped into Bryan Murray for sending his jolly green goon into battle so late in the game and apparently, the league has sprouted a backbone and agreed. Thanks to CBGB at the Lets Go Kings message boards for transcribing Foxy's diatribe in the beginning of this post. My jaw hit the carpet when Jim started up, it really came out of left field, but you know what? He's right. The league's response backs us up. Personally, I would be happy if fighting was eliminated altogether. Tonight we play Montreal and at the risk of sounding like a fair-weather fan (I prefer the term "long-suffering", thank you very much) I'm not looking forward to the results. I just have a bad feeling about this whole roadtrip. Another pet peeve: The PC plague, a constant source of personal irritation as I find it defies common sense. And if I have a definable religion, I like to think it's the Church of Common Sense. So let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very, Merry Christmas from the bottom of my cold little heart. I won't be offended if you don't believe in the Christian aspect of this holiday if you won't be offended by me including you in the warm, fuzzy, "peace on earth, goodwill towards men" feeling this holiday gives me and which I would like to cordially extend to you. My intentions are good and with that in mind I don't care to have them trod upon. Thanks bunches in advance for your cooperation. Oh man, just turned on the TV and it's USC 52, UCLA 6 in the 4th quarter. Sweet Jesus...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home