Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Unexpected holiday bonus

Coolest boss in the world not only cut me loose early again today, but also told me not to bother showing up tomorrow. It's going to be dead and hardly anyone will be around, and the few who are present will be released early anyway. I love working for nice people. So as I laze around killing off what's left of this Thursday afternoon, here are a few headlines that grabbed my attention, for reasons good and bad: South Park's still got it. Sure, it may have been tasteless, but it's South Park people, what do you expect? Also, scroll down to the bottom of that page and check out the advertisers (heh). Gotta say, one thing I've always loved about these guys is that they're equal opportunity offenders. No one is safe. From lottery winner to butt of a joke in just minutes: Tivo practical joke. I wouldn't blame the guy who got pranked if he failed to see the humor in it. He's sorry. There, all better. What a tool. My favorite part of the article, this quote about his accomplice being armed (Brancato claims he didn't know the guy was packing): "If I would have known, I wouldn't have allowed him in my car," Brancato said. "Imagine, we get pulled over and I get caught with an armed felon in my car. Since I've been in the movies, it would have instantly drawn attention." Dude, no it wouldn't have. You finally got famous only because a good man got killed thanks to your stupidity. Now get over yourself, everyone else has. Seriously, I feel sorry as hell for the people of Texas and Oklahoma. We just couldn't get through the last week of the year without another natural disaster. What a year. Looks like the Red Cross will be getting more of my money. Kids these days.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/29/2005 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tivo Practical Joke:

    Very original. I think about every primetime sitcom has pulled that stunt on one of the characters since the advent of television.

     
  • At 12/30/2005 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    You're probably right and yet I bet people still fall for it.

    Except for Tivo being around since the advent of television. But I know what you mean. P.T. Barnum was right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home