Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Monday, December 26, 2005

Words of wisdom and comfort

My uncle's service on Friday was a low-key but very nice affair, just as he would have wanted. A couple of his friends got up and spoke fondly of him and we all got a laugh when the pastor told the story of how Bob complained that the worst part of dying was that he was going to miss the final season of "The Sopranos". That's totally something he would say. The aforemetioned gentleman who conducted the service, Pastor George Wayer, also conducted my grandmother's service a few years ago. He is a very kind, reassuring man and I was glad to see him again. I would want him to do my service. As part of the service he read the following poem that my mom and I liked so much we asked for copies. He didn't know who the author was and when I googled it all I could find was "Author Unknown". If you know who wrote it, please let me know. I would love to give credit where credit is due. It was really perfect for the occassion. Miss Me, But Let Me Go When I come to the end of the road, And the sun has set on me, I want no rites in a gloom filled room. Miss me a little - but not too long, And not with your head bowed low. Remember the love we once shared; Miss me - but let me go. For this is a journey we all must take, And each must go alone. It's all part of the Master's plan. A step on the road to home, When you are lonely and sick at heart, Go to the friends we know, And bury your sorrows In doing good deeds... Miss me - but let me go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home