Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Friday, January 13, 2006

Celebrity non-sighting of the day

In the building where I work there’s a doctor’s office that does a lot of pre-production physicals for film and TV. As a result, it’s not unusual to see the occasional famous face in the lobby or elevator. I saw Steve Perry (Journey) one time, waiting for the elevator with a couple of friends. He was very chatty. I rode up in the elevator one day with Edward James Olmos. Samuel Jackson and Zach Braff have also been spotted. Now, while I have all the respect in the world for the people mentioned in the first paragraph, in fact I think they're all pretty cool, there are very few celebrities I would get really excited about seeing, excited enough to gush about it. Brendan Fraser is one of these select few. Great actor, equally good at comedy and drama, not to mention gorgeous. Love him. So guess who was here today? Yep, George of the Jungle himself was in the house. So, first off, the good news: I didn’t act like an idiotic squealing fan girl in front of him. The bad news: I never got the chance to make a fool of myself in front of one of my favorite actors because I never actually saw him. Our receptionist spotted him but he was gone before I could be alerted. I’d rather meet him under more professional circumstances anyway. No, really. Well, maybe just a peek would have been nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home