Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Monday, January 09, 2006

Crash!

So the hard drive on my desktop took its apparent final breath Friday night. It's making this clicking sound before coming up with "Operating System Not Found". Not the best news I've ever received (especially after turning the apartment upside down Saturday failed to reveal the whereabouts of the jump drive) but not a complete disaster. It was just a matter of time before I replaced it with the laptop if for no other reason than it would save space. I've made a point of not getting online with the laptop over the years to keep it safe from online viruses, worms and other destructive crap like that. But I decided Saturday it was time to hook it up. Big mistake. First problem, IE kept freezing up. In fact it just did it again. So, I'm back. That turned out to be the least of my problems. Starting Sunday morning, when I logged on, instead of my homepage of choice (Yahoo) a couple of unwanted pages keep popping up. And not just any benign pages - ADULT site pages (fuck you Adult Friend Finder, whoever you are). Also some obnoxious piece of crap page called Internet Optimizer, which is anything but. Microsoft's fix of IO didn't work. So this week, the Vaio will take its first trip to the repair shop to hopefully fix this little problem. I am not happy about suddenly not having internet access and all the other crap that goes with it. Just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home