Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ignorance was bliss

The L.A. Dept. of Health Services restaurant closure list (linked via L.A. Times online) is always a fun read. I like to skim it for local places I know and big names who don't want to be caught dead on a list like this. I don't normally take pleasure in the misfortunes of others, but sometimes it's entertaining to see the high and mighty brought down a notch or two. Still, not very polite, so it probably serves me right that while I was snerking at the presence of the Bel Air Hotel (closed November 29-30, no potable water) and Hollywood hotspot Cinespace (closed January 19-21, BUGS!!! ICKY CRUNCHY BUGS!!! OMG!!!) on the list of shame, I came upon this: SHELLY CAFE, 7013 HOLLYWOOD BLVD, LOS ANGELES Date Closed: November 17, 2005 Date Reopened: November 23, 2005 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin, Vermin infestation Oh, crap. It's near both home and office, and they serve breakfast all day. In fact, I usually go there when I feel like having breakfast for lunch (hello, comfort food!). Shelly Cafe, you have betrayed me. I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to eat there again. I mean, the first time something crunches... This one, on the other hand, didn't surprise me a bit: CASA BLANCA, 1655 N LA BREA AVE, LOS ANGELES Date Closed: December 05, 2005 Date Reopened: December 08, 2005 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin, Vermin infestation Worst Mexican food EVER. Never thought it was possible to screw up a burrito that badly and their guacamole is just flavorless. They've been here at least as long as I've lived in the area (7-1/2 years) and I don't know how they've stayed in business. And in case you were wondering, yes, I am terrified of bugs. A part of me wishes I didn't know about Shelly Cafe's infraction. Almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home