Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Friday, February 24, 2006

Moving day follies, with lots of CAPS

So today, I'm supposed to be moving - along with The Boss of Me - to a different facility in another part of Hollywood. Among other things this means I will be losing my spectacular 11th floor view of the Hollywood Hills and sign. But there are pros as well as cons to the move so it's not the end of the world. Not yet anyway. Biggest problem has been getting Boss of Me packed up. Specifically his desk and his laptop. My stuff is already gone, picked up this morning. I am literally sitting here with nothing but a computer and phone on my desk. I've already had to borrow scotch tape, a stapler and post-it notes from co-workers because my stuff is GONE. The plan was to have the last of the boxes moved around noon, you know, now-abouts. But I can't get his desk packed because he will not stop working, more specifically HE WILL NOT GET OFF THE PHONE. Granted, we're really busy - it's pilot season, the busiest time of the year for us. This is probably the worst time they could have picked to relocate us. But that's how it is. And don't get me wrong - The Boss is a great guy, but he doesn't seem to understand that business is regrettably going to have to take a break for a few hours so we can get the stuff out of this office and into the new office. Actually, I think he does understand it, he JUST WON'T DO IT. So as of now, the final push is supposed to come around 2pm. We'll see. I'm trying not to let it make me bitchy, but I REALLY JUST WANT TO GET IT DONE AT THIS POINT, IF YOU ALL DON'T MIND. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home