Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Not so upfront

What a difference a year makes. The network upfronts, which I'm usually so excited about, just kind of left me cold this year. I'm just not feeling the love for the lucky winners of the "ordered to series" lottery. Quite the bummer, I was so looking forward to the big week of announcements. It was last week and I'm just now getting around to mentioning it. Don't have a list with me at the moment, but I'm thinking the biggest surprise loser is "Aquaman" from Smallville braintrusts Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, somewhat surprisingly denied by newborn CW (however, Kevin Williamson's "Palm Springs" is coming to a CW affiliate near you between now and this time next year). I thought "Aquaman" was a slam dunk, but of course, this time last year I thought The Book of Daniel was the next big thing. But in cheerier news, you can look forward to "Jericho", set in a small midwestern town post-nuclear attack. Thanks, CBS! Good times all around. I think I'll pass. On the brighter side, "Dexter" is not only coming, but it finally has an imdb entry! Barely, but I'm still adding Showtime the minute that sucker gets a definite premiere date (November according to imdb). Cannot wait for my sociopathic serial killer passing himself off as a ridiculously normal blood spatter expert for the Miami-Dade PD. I do love me some non-soap opera, non-shark jumping crime drama. Kill, kill, kill then solve, solve, solve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home