Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tiny root beer floats for everyone! Happy Mother's Day!

I only recently discovered writer Jane Espenson's site and it's already provided me with a wealth of information, not only about the craft of writing but also the day-to-day realities of being a working writer. You know, the things they don't teach you in most writing classes. In fact, I wish Jane would teach a class, I'd sign up in an instant. Today she blogged about a wedding she attended yesterday. Besides the obvious points of envy - Television writers? Malibu reception? Could it be anymore picture perfect, and how does one go about getting one of those lives, anyway? - there was this little tidbit: I had a tiny root beer float served in a shot glass! Me wants. Me needs to add root beer, vanilla ice cream and shot glasses to the shopping list. It just sounds like fun. When I was a kid my mom used to make us coke and root beer floats. And how's that for a segue: this is the same mom who is no doubt, as I type this, wishing I would get the hell off the computer (I'm on dialup) and call to wish her a happy Mother's Day. I will, really, just wanted to get this post done. No, really. Here I go, right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home