Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dark Rose Parade of the Soul

Apocalypse? What apocalypse? Well, the weather certainly cooperated even if the forces of evil didn't. Ominous gray all around here in the Southland and just enough heat to remind one of the smoking pits of hell. Coming to work today I could at least pretend I was heading to my doom. Which isn't to say there weren't signs of the Beast all around:

And now on to the serious stuff: in genuinely frightening news, there's this and this. You're not even safe in freaking Torrance. If that isn't some serious infiltration, I don't know what is. I hate to say it, but I think it's going to take getting hit again for people to stop worrying about offending a particular group, get off the PC bandwagon and admit that there are particular groups of people who are just savages with no humanity of their own and no regard for the sanctity of human life and need to be dealt with accordingly. Ever hear the expression that stereotypes exist for a reason? It may not be polite, but there is a certain amount of truth in it. And don't even get me started about how the government by but apparently not for the people doesn't seem the least bit concerned about who can move freely across our borders. I'm pretty sure that while hating our guts because we're not like them, they're also laughing their asses off at us too.

And just when I think I've become numb to the whole "man's inhumanity to man" thing, the news manages to surprise me. Because when these people say "behead" they aren't talking about a quickie with Madame Guillotine, they mean "saw your head off while you're still alive". Sick stuff.

You know, I really meant to keep this post lighthearted, seeing as how we've apparently managed to dodge armageddon, but the news of the day dragged me down. It may not have been the end day, but that doesn't mean it was a cheery one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home