Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Daryl Hannah to be plucked from tree

People of Los Angeles, your tax dollars at work. I feel for the police and firefighters who drew this gig. As sad as it is to lose the farm, the owner does have the right to use his property as he sees fit. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long. I lived in Playa del Rey prior to the building of the monstrous Playa Vista (which I will not dignify with a link) and even back then I was amazed that such a big chunk of greenery still existed in L.A. County. It didn't last, of course. Back to the farm - if these celebrities are so concerned, why didn't they put their money where their mouths are and donate or raise some funds to purchase the land? The owner did offer to sell. They'll be carrying on with their priviledged lives long after the farm is a distant memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home