Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Friday, June 09, 2006

Lunch special

Once again, from the L.A. County Department of Health Services: BAJA SHARKEEZ 3801 HIGHLAND AVE, MANHATTAN BEACH Date Closed: April 12, 2006 Date Reopened: April 14, 2006 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin. Vermin infestation. Aw, Sharkeez. Takes me back to my PDR days. I wonder if the closure has hurt them at all. Given their location, they can't afford to lose business and keep their lease. Drove by there a million times, ate there once or twice when I lived in the area. Cute place but I really got the impression their preferred clientele was the young, beautiful MB beach crowd. And guess who's not a beach bunny. Funny, just this morning I was thinking about how much I'd love to move back to Playa del Rey. The Manhattan Beach Bristol Farms was one of my all-time favorite places for food shopping. The one in Hollywood was crammed into the old Gourmet Chalet, way too small to hold everything Bristol Farms has to offer, not to mention tiny narrow aisles that make you feel like you're playing bumper cars with the other shoppers. Hate the place, hardly ever go there. They also don't carry the BBQ chicken foccacia bread pizza I used to get in MB. Good stuff. I miss it. BRENTWOOD REST. & LOUNGE 148 S BARRINGTON AVE, LOS ANGELES Date Closed: April 07, 2006 Date Reopened: April 09, 2006 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin. Vermin infestation Brentwood? That can't have gone over well. DIEDRICH COFFEE 23755 W MALIBU RD A 9, MALIBU Date Closed: April 05, 2006 Date Reopened: April 05, 2006 Reason for Closure: No potable water supply or no hot water Malibu? And how do you make coffee without hot water? JACK'S CAFE 6655 HOLLYWOOD BLVD, LOS ANGELES Date Closed: May 30, 2006 Reason for Closure: No employee food safety certification This is very close to where I live, although I don't actually remember ever seeing the place. And now I know not to go looking for it. MC DONALD'S #1922 1417 GLENDALE BLVD, LOS ANGELES Date Closed: May 23, 2006 Date Reopened: May 25, 2006 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin. Vermin infestation.

I'm guessing you don't see McDonald's on this list very often. My first job at age sixteen was at a McDonald's and they are neat freaks. They also wanted us to always look busy. I can still remember being told that even if that means I'm wiping down an already cleaned counter, then so be it.

SAM'S CLUB #6611 (BAKERY) 17835 E GALE AVE, CITY OF INDUSTRY Date Closed: May 17, 2006 Date Reopened: May 19, 2006 Reason for Closure: Prevention of entrance and harborage of vermin. Vermin infestation Hee! My mom used to shop there. I'm more of a Costco girl, myself. STARBUCKS COFFEE 745 W NAOMI AVE, ARCADIA Date Closed: April 26, 2006 Date Reopened: April 26, 2006 Reason for Closure: No potable water supply or no hot water I'm guessing you don't see Starbucks on this list very often. And again, what's with the coffee places not having hot water? THE BOAT 1390 S FULLERTON RD 105, CITY OF INDUSTRY Date Closed: May 11, 2006 Date Reopened: May 15, 2006 Reason for Closure: Serious/Repeat Violations or Interfering with Inspector. Unsafe food temperature.

Interfering with the inspector is genius! Way to score points with the health department. I don't think I want these morons preparing my food. Not that I ever plan on going back to City of Industry ever again.

Enjoy your lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home