Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Screw my formatting woes...let's talk about

the 2,996 Project. The fifth anniversary of 9/11 is upon us. This is a way to honor those who lost their lives through no fault of their own on that horrible day, rather than suck up to terrorist sympathists or toe the politically correct and terrifyingly indecent line that a bunch of office workers whose biggest sin was to show up for work on time deserved what they got that day. I signed up and was given the honor of memorializing Evan J. Baron (seen here), a resident of Bridgewater, NJ, who died at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01 at the obscenely young age of 38. I will be doing some online research to find out what I can about Evan so that I can try to make him live once more, even if it's only in memoriam. It's the least I can do. In the meantime, if anyone who knows anything about Evan stumbles across this blog, please use the comments to email me with any and all info you can provide. I take this privilege and obligation seriously. Evan and I were about the same age on 9/11. The big difference is that my mother never got a call that I was dead. Dear God, he looks so happy and alive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home