Rose Parade

Rose Parade has moved: see link in post below

Friday, August 11, 2006

Sign of the times

With this in the news I found it interesting while picking up lunch today at El Pollo Loco on Vine and Fountain (which back in better times was the site of the Hollywood Ranch Market) that the guy standing in line behind me was a uniformed Department of Homeland Security officer. It's so surreal to think that if the US and UK security forces hadn't caught on to the plan (good work guys, and thanks) we'd be reliving 9/11 again this time next week. And with stuff like this going on, we could very well find ourselves reliving it again sometime soon anyway. I don't know what it's going to take to protect ourselves from these maniacs, but whatever it is I'm all for it. Nothing is too drastic at this point. On a cheerier note, my plans for the weekend involve getting DSL and moving the blog to Typepad. Anything beyond that is gravy. And I've been lucky so far today - it's turned out to be a quiet Friday at the office. Hopefully it will stay that way and I can head into the weekend in a good frame of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home